-   -   SUMIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13464-sumif.html)

Joseph

SUMIF

I want to use SUMIF the first four letters of the row are "Pear" without
concern as to what the ending is. I can't seem to get the Left(range,4) to
work with SUMIF.

Any ideas?

Apple 6
Pear 5
Pears 4
Pearx 3
Pear 2

Thanks.
Joe

Peo Sjoblom

Do a google search on your name and you'll find that Jason Morin answered
your question,
here's his answer

=SUMIF(1:1,"Pear*",2:2)

Peo Sjoblom

"Joseph" wrote in message
I want to use SUMIF the first four letters of the row are "Pear" without
concern as to what the ending is. I can't seem to get the Left(range,4)

work with SUMIF.

Any ideas?

Apple 6
Pear 5