-   -   Look up table question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134543-look-up-table-question.html)

whohasmynameuk

Look up table question

I am using this look up to insert a cost into column I from my value table.
how can i get a description inserted into Colunm P of my spreadsheet. I tried
changing costing to discription but it just gave me #name

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,Costing,2,FALSE)*J13)

thanks

Toppers

Look up table question

What is the range (Columns/Rows) of your "Value Table" and is it named
Costing?

"whohasmynameuk" wrote:

I am using this look up to insert a cost into column I from my value table.
how can i get a description inserted into Colunm P of my spreadsheet. I tried
changing costing to discription but it just gave me #name

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,Costing,2,FALSE)*J13)

thanks

whohasmynameuk

Look up table question

The columns are A) Material (which is what i am searching by) B) Cost C)
Description and they go all the way down to 1208. The value table is called
value, would i have to change this to cost ?

thanks

"whohasmynameuk" wrote:

I am using this look up to insert a cost into column I from my value table.
how can i get a description inserted into Colunm P of my spreadsheet. I tried
changing costing to discription but it just gave me #name

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,Costing,2,FALSE)*J13)

thanks

Pete_UK

Look up table question

If you want to return data from column 3 of your table rather than
column 2 then you should change the 2 to a 3 in your formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"whohasmynameuk" wrote:

I am using this look up to insert a cost into column I from my value table.
how can i get a description inserted into Colunm P of my spreadsheet. I tried
changing costing to discription but it just gave me #name

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,Costing,2,FALSE)*J13)

thanks- Hide quoted text -

Toppers

Look up table question

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,$A:$C,3,FALSE)*J13)

Or if "Value" is columns A to C:

=IF(I13<1,"",VLOOKUP(I13,Value,3,FALSE)*J13)