-   -   Vlookup Cell Contents Filename (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134540-vlookup-cell-contents-filename.html)

Deeds

Vlookup Cell Contents Filename

I am trying to create a formula that looks to another cell with a file name
in and return the result. Example:
=vlookup(A1,+Sheet1!B6,4,false)

Where Sheet1!B6 contains the file path:
C:\Folder1\[Testme.xls]TestSheet'!$A1:$A400

End result: I want to create a monthly report that references another sheet
with the monthly file names where each month a user could simply go in and
enter the new filename for that month and the link would automatically update
the value in the report based on the filename that was entered. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Trevor Shuttleworth

Vlookup Cell Contents Filename

You will need to use INDIRECT. Have a look in the Help or search the Google
Archives for examples.

Regards

Trevor