-   -   What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? What ar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134482-what-data-validation-excel-why-do-you-go-what-ar.html)

Rajeswari

What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? What ar

I want ageneral description of validation and the criteria for validation.
I am using office 2003 professional
The result i want should be inthe form of precise definition type.

Dave F

What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? What ar

Google "excel data validation"

Dave

"Rajeswari" wrote:

I want ageneral description of validation and the criteria for validation.
I am using office 2003 professional
The result i want should be inthe form of precise definition type.

Harlan Grove[_2_]

What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? What ar

Rajeswari wrote...
I want ageneral description of validation and the criteria for
validation. I am using office 2003 professional The result i want
should be inthe form of precise definition type.

I want, I want, I want.

What's insufficient about the way online help explains data validation?

Dave F

What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? Wha

What's insufficient is that requires effort. Easier to be fed information
than to do the cooking yourself!

Dave

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Rajeswari wrote...
I want ageneral description of validation and the criteria for
validation. I am using office 2003 professional The result i want
should be inthe form of precise definition type.

I want, I want, I want.

What's insufficient about the way online help explains data validation?

Gord Dibben

What is data validation in Excel ? Why do you go for that? What ar

This from Excel Help on "validation".

In many worksheets that you create, users will enter data to get the desired
calculations and results. Ensuring valid data entry is an important task. You
may want to restrict data entry to a certain range of dates, limit choices by
using a list, or make sure that only positive whole numbers are entered.
Providing immediate help to instruct users and clear messages when invalid data
is entered is also essential to make the data entry experience go smoothly.

You can re-word it to your precise specifications.

For criteria see Help on "prevent invalid data entry"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP