-   -   GETTING A BLANK CELL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134378-getting-blank-cell.html)

Phil

GETTING A BLANK CELL

What formula can I use to end up with a blank cell,if the sum of all cells
equals 0
TNA Phil

David Biddulph[_2_]

GETTING A BLANK CELL

=IF(SUM(A1:A100)=0,"",SUM(A1:A100))
--
David Biddulph

"Phil" wrote in message
What formula can I use to end up with a blank cell,if the sum of all cells
equals 0
TNA Phil

Dave Peterson

GETTING A BLANK CELL

You can't really get an empty cell--but you can make it appear empty.

=if(sum(a1:a10)=0,"",sum(a1:a10))

If you're really trying to avoid a number if the data hasn't been entered:

=if(count(a1:a10)=0,"",sum(a1:a10))
Then you could still see a 0 if you have numbers that sum to 0.