-   -   I'm useing Excel I have a list of names that I need alphabetical (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134335-im-useing-excel-i-have-list-names-i-need-alphabetical.html)

Coteman

I'm useing Excel I have a list of names that I need alphabetical

I'm tring to put a list of names in alphabetical order, but I can't find the
right function. If any one can tell me I thank you. Coty

Cadarnfel

I'm useing Excel I have a list of names that I need alphabetical

The normal Sort function wil do it for you.

Select the column of names, then go to Data | Sort.

Ron Coderre

I'm useing Excel I have a list of names that I need alphabetical

Do you want just sort the actual list
OR do you want to use formulas to list the sorted values in another location?

To just sort the actual list....
Select the list cells
From the Excel main menu:
<data<sort
experiment with the settings

Does that help?

If you want to use formulas, post back for the formula alternative.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP