-   -   Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134249-data-validation.html)

Ram

Data Validation

I'm trying to only include unique values in a data validation drop down list?
the drop down list and source data for the list are on seprate sheets

Thanks for any help

Gary''s Student

Data Validation

Hi Ram:

Let's say we have a list on sheet2. The list, unfortunately, has duplicates
in it. We want to use this list, without any duplicates as a data validation
list on sheet1. The first step is to use:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

to generate a second list, on sheet1, in which the duplicates have been
blanked out.

The next step is to use:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/noblanks.htm

To generate a third list, also on sheet1, which has the second list without
any embedded blanks.

It is this third list that is used as the reference for data validation.
because this third list is on the same sheet as the validation, it is easy to
use.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200709