-   -   Navigating a Table Using a Lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134191-navigating-table-using-lookup.html)

BooWeezie

Navigating a Table Using a Lookup

I have a need to do some sort of lookup within a table...then navigate to
that point in the table to "look around". I need to navigate because I want
to see other surrounding records as well as the retrieved record. Is there
any way to do that?

Ex:
1 a 3 200 c
2 k 4 400 g
3 e 1 600 i
4 m 7 100 m

I want to say I want to look up record 3...then navigate to that point in
the table to look around.

Duke Carey

Navigating a Table Using a Lookup

You could use Data-Filter and then establish a custom filter on column A
that filters for a range of values around your target.