-   -   Syntax to Nest ISERROR with a VLookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134042-re-syntax-nest-iserror-vlookup.html)

bj

Syntax to Nest ISERROR with a VLookup

I would add ",0" to the end of the vlookup to make it lookup exactly

IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,County!A:B,2,0)),"Street not
found",VLOOKUP(E2,County!A:B,2))

"E-Coder" wrote:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(E2,County!A:B,2)),"Street not
found",VLOOKUP(E2,County!A:B,2))

"Christine" wrote:

I know I'm being "dense" but have been fighting with the correct syntax to
add an ISERROR forumla to my VLookup. Can someone please give me the correct
formula?

My VLookup is: =VLOOKUP(E2,County!A:B,2) and I would like to add the
following text in the case of an error "Street not found".

Thanks so much for your help......if I don't get it soon I won't have any
hair left :-)

Christine