-   -   omitting blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133841-omitting-blank-cells.html)

Peter Sarantidis

omitting blank cells

I need to copy cell from a list, which has been sorted, to another worksheet.
The problem I run into is that the sorted cells are not contiguous and the
source cells fall out of the target range.

Example; the cells in the following two columns need to be copied only if
column A is not blank.
A B A
Brian Harrison 13
Steven Porter
Brian Scott 12 James Porter
13 Steven Porter
Corky Colwell
Danny Sasser
Darren Carver
12 James Porter
Don Olson

Martin Fishlock

omitting blank cells

Use auto filter or sort on the addtional column.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Peter Sarantidis" wrote:

I need to copy cell from a list, which has been sorted, to another worksheet.
The problem I run into is that the sorted cells are not contiguous and the
source cells fall out of the target range.

Example; the cells in the following two columns need to be copied only if
column A is not blank.
A B A
Brian Harrison 13
Steven Porter
Brian Scott 12 James Porter
13 Steven Porter
Corky Colwell
Danny Sasser
Darren Carver
12 James Porter
Don Olson

Pete_UK

omitting blank cells

Set up autofilters to cover A and B and in the filter drop-down of
column A select "Non-blanks" from the bottom. Then you can highlight
the visible cells and click <copy, move the cursor elsewhere and
paste. When you select "All" from the filter pull-down you will have
copied only the cells with an entry in column A.

Hope this helps.

Pete