-   -   Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133760-formula-find-stop-time-start-time-total-minutes.html)

Jonathan Bickett

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

JE McGimpsey

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

XL stores times as fractional days (i.e., 1.0 = 1 day = 24 hours = 1440
minutes = 6400 seconds), so

A1: 08:00:00
A2: 180

A3: =A1+A2/1440

Format A3 as a time.

In article om,
"Jonathan Bickett" wrote:

I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

=A1+B1/(24*60) and format the result as time.
--
David Biddulph

"Jonathan Bickett" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Bickett

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

Ah! So simple. Thanks so much for your help...you are awesome.

"Jonathan Bickett" wrote:

I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Bickett

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

This works great as well. Thank you for your help!

On Mar 7, 12:01 pm, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
=A1+B1/(24*60) and format the result as time.
--
David Biddulph

"Jonathan Bickett" wrote in message

ps.com...

I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

JE McGimpsey

Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

86400 seconds...