-   -   convert decimal to 16 bit hex (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133755-convert-decimal-16-bit-hex.html)

tsobiech

convert decimal to 16 bit hex

The excel DEC2HEX function converts decimals to 40 bit hex values, I would
like to convert to 16 bit values. Is there any way to do this?

Jerry W. Lewis

convert decimal to 16 bit hex

=RIGHT(DEC2HEX(number),4)

Jerry

"tsobiech" wrote:

The excel DEC2HEX function converts decimals to 40 bit hex values, I would
like to convert to 16 bit values. Is there any way to do this?

Jerry W. Lewis

convert decimal to 16 bit hex

=RIGHT(DEC2HEX(number,4),4)

should even preserve the range checking.

Jerry

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

=RIGHT(DEC2HEX(number),4)

Jerry

"tsobiech" wrote:

The excel DEC2HEX function converts decimals to 40 bit hex values, I would
like to convert to 16 bit values. Is there any way to do this?

tsobiech

convert decimal to 16 bit hex

Yes, I had already made that modification, but you put me on the right path
initially.

Thank You!

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

=RIGHT(DEC2HEX(number,4),4)

should even preserve the range checking.

Jerry

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

=RIGHT(DEC2HEX(number),4)

Jerry