-   -   What Formula To Use? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133566-what-formula-use.html)

mommy2kh

What Formula To Use?

I've got a series of values. If there are two values together, I want to
delete the second one. Using the example below, I would want to keep the
value $58.00 and delete the value $60.00. All the other values in the column
that I want to keep (such as the $51 and $12) have a blank cell before and
after it. Any ideas? Thanks!!
row 1
row 2 $51.00
row 3
row 4 $12.00
row 5
row 6 $58.00
row 7 $60.00
row 8

Bernie Deitrick

What Formula To Use?

Insert a new blank column B, then use this formula in cell B2:

=IF(A1="",A2,"")

and copy down to match you column of data in A

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mommy2kh" wrote in message
I've got a series of values. If there are two values together, I want to
delete the second one. Using the example below, I would want to keep the
value $58.00 and delete the value $60.00. All the other values in the column
that I want to keep (such as the $51 and $12) have a blank cell before and
after it. Any ideas? Thanks!!
row 1
row 2 $51.00
row 3
row 4 $12.00
row 5
row 6 $58.00
row 7 $60.00
row 8

vezerid

What Formula To Use?

On Mar 6, 5:38 pm, mommy2kh
wrote:
I've got a series of values. If there are two values together, I want to
delete the second one. Using the example below, I would want to keep the
value $58.00 and delete the value $60.00. All the other values in the column
that I want to keep (such as the $51 and $12) have a blank cell before and
after it. Any ideas? Thanks!!
row 1
row 2 $51.00
row 3
row 4 $12.00
row 5
row 6 $58.00
row 7 $60.00
row 8

Maybe...
In B2 enter:

=IF(A1="",A2,"")

Copy the formula all the way down. Copy all cells in B:B, and Edit|
Paste Special... select Values.

Does this help?
Kostis Vezerides