-   -   Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133401-vlookup.html)

Demetrio Valdez

Vlookup

I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio

Toppers

Vlookup

=Sumproduct((b1:b10)="yes")*(a1:a10))

will sum values in A when B=Yes

HTH

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote:

I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio

Don Guillett

Vlookup

Have a look in the help index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all
the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio

Demetrio Valdez

Vlookup

I recreated your fomula with a simple spreadsheet and it doesn't work. I'm
not sure why.
it seems that this formula will ad all items in A1 thru A10 if the condition
is met at least once in B1 thru b10.
I need to sum only this items on the same line in which the condition is met.

Thanks I hope you can help :)

--
Demetrio

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote:

I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio

Demetrio Valdez

Vlookup

Thanks but this I've tried several simple worksheet and I can only get it to
sum an entire range if the condition is met. I need it to be selective to
the items that meet the condition.

Thanks for you help :)
--
Demetrio

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have a look in the help index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all
the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio

Pete_UK

Vlookup

Following on from Don's suggestion, try this:

=SUMIF(B1:B10,"Yes",A1:A10)

Assumes your Yes/No answers are in B1 to B10 and the values to be
added are in A1 to A10 - adjust the ranges to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Don Guillett" wrote:
Have a look in the help index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all
the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK

Vlookup

By the way, you might need to use a semicolon instead of the commas.

Pete

"Don Guillett" wrote:
Have a look in the help index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all
the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio- Hide quoted text -

Don Guillett

Vlookup

Did you look at the help for SUMIF? Based on your example, the answer is 2
=SUMIF(E2:E5,"Yes",D2:D4)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
message ...

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Don,
I must have donne soething wrong the first time, this work perfectly. Thank
you very Much!!

Pete and Topper, Thanks for yuor help!

--
Demetrio

[...]