Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CONCATENATE problem

I am trying to constuct a table of DDE links to be referenceby offset amd
match funtions on another sheet. There are hundreds of these links, so tomake
entering them a bit easier I'm trying to use CONCATENATE to help reduce the
time.

The liks look like this

=the962|IQVALUE!'L14O011S1(V)'

=the962|IQVALUE!'L14O011 this bit stays the same

But S1 will change and so will the text inside the brackets.

if I place =the962|IQVALUE!'L14O011 in one cell, S1 in another and (V)' in
another and use =CONCATENATE(Cell1, Cell2, Cell3) the = in cell 1 makes it
return "Cell1" in the CONCATENATE result.

Is there a way around this?