-   -   List Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13328-list-box.html)

R P

List Box

Is it possible for Excel to populate several cells with unique values
using one List Box field?

A list box contains values 1 to 10 and depending on which value I
choose, a name, address and phone number associated to that value
would be populated into various other cells.

Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com

Hi,
Absolutely....Use the INDEX formula to populate the cells you want from the
source data based on the LinkedCell property of the ListBox (assuming it is
a Listbox from the Forms toolbar). If you need an example post your email
address (with "at" replacing "@") to this thread and we can talk further.

Hth,
Oli

liam

Hi Oli

I'm using/making a file/workbook that will contain a 1000 sheets plus
and I think RP's idea may help me reduce my load, if what you say is
easily done for all 1000 sheets easily. I've a number of cells repeated
on all but a few of each sheet that could use the ease of adding a
number to produce a text result from a range.

If this is the case, pls email me an example to
liamlatrineathotmail.com

Thks in advance, Liam

--
liam
liam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19989

R P

Thanks, aphoolatbellsouth.net, attached is a sample file that I am
trying to work with.