-   -   decreasing # to stop decreasing when <=0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133246-decreasing-stop-decreasing-when-%3D0.html)

Ken

decreasing # to stop decreasing when <=0

I have a formula that causes a number to decrease. I want to make it stop
when it reaches <=0, with remainder added somewhere else

JLatham

decreasing # to stop decreasing when <=0

Seeing your formula would have been a big clue for us to use to offer help.

But I'll stab at it with my butter knife and hope I at least scratch the
surface.

Assume that in A2 you may have something like:
=A1-1

then you could try something like this in A2
=IF(ISERR(A1-1),"",IF(A1-1<=0,"",A1-1))
which would put a zero length string into the cell when value reaches zero.