-   -   how to prepare formulae (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/133026-how-prepare-formulae.html)

rama

how to prepare formulae

I want to prepare a formula which will automatically multiply the numbers in
corresponding rows and finally gives the total of all the rows. Pls. respond
by mail.

Thanks,
Rama

Toppers

how to prepare formulae

Multiply by what?

Say in column C:

=A1*B1 will multiply A1 by B1. Copy this formula down and you wil get =A2*B2
etc

=A1*$B$1 (copied down) will multiply ALL rows by the value in B1 i.e. by a
constant

=SUM(C1:C100) will sum the values in cells C1 to C100

Is this what you require? If not, post an example.

"Rama" wrote:

I want to prepare a formula which will automatically multiply the numbers in
corresponding rows and finally gives the total of all the rows. Pls. respond
by mail.

Thanks,
Rama

Billy Liddel

how to prepare formulae

Rama

If you want to muliply two columns without showing each rows product use
SUMPRODUCT, e.g =SUMPRODUCT(B3:B6,C3:C6)

Regards
Peter