-   -   Adding digits (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132983-adding-digits.html)

[email protected]

Adding digits

Hello! In a cell, I have "AME 013". I want to insert "623" to the
beginning of that cell, so the result will look like "623AME 013". How
do I go about doing this? Obviously I have a ton of them to do
otherwise I would just type it in! Thanks in advance! Jen

Pete_UK

Adding digits

Assuming your "AME 013" is in cell A1, enter this formula in a helper
column:

="623"&A1

and copy the formula down for as many entries as you have in column A.

You can fix the values if you want using Paste Special.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 1, 7:19 pm, wrote:
Hello! In a cell, I have "AME 013". I want to insert "623" to the
beginning of that cell, so the result will look like "623AME 013". How
do I go about doing this? Obviously I have a ton of them to do
otherwise I would just type it in! Thanks in advance! Jen

Bob Phillips

Adding digits

in an adjacent cell
="623"&A1

copy down, select the second column, copy to the clipboard
goto menu EditPasteSpecial, click the Value button, OK out

delete the original column.

--
HTH

Bob