-   -   What function to use? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132805-what-function-use.html)

Adam

What function to use?

What function should I use to find the probability of 2 girls being absent
out of 5 total students being absent in a class of 25 total students?

Jerry W. Lewis

What function to use?

To attack the problem, I would either use the hypergometric distribution
(HYPGEOMDIST function) or approximate it with the binomial distribution
(BINOMDIST), but either way you have neither adequately identified the
probability that you want to calculate nor given enough information to
calculate it.

Jerry