-   -   Total Time Worked - How to Calculate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132756-total-time-worked-how-calculate.html)

Amy

Total Time Worked - How to Calculate

Hello - I am new to the Office Discussion Groups and am despartely looking
for some help.

I have data from a time management system that reports start time and end
time.
I need to calculate what the actual time worked was, which is the difference
between the two. The data is displayed as:
10:45:00 and 6:57:00, each being in a separate cell.
In this particular example, it is saying 10:45am to 6:57pm.

Can anyone help me by providing a formula that would give me the total time
worked? I prefer to have it in minutes if possible.

Thanks for your support.

--
Amy

Toppers

Total Time Worked - How to Calculate

A1=Start, B1=Finish

=(B1-A1)*1440

Or
=MOD(B1-A1,1)*1440

The latter allows for times over midnight i.e finish < start

Format cells as general

"Amy" wrote:

Hello - I am new to the Office Discussion Groups and am despartely looking
for some help.

I have data from a time management system that reports start time and end
time.
I need to calculate what the actual time worked was, which is the difference
between the two. The data is displayed as:
10:45:00 and 6:57:00, each being in a separate cell.
In this particular example, it is saying 10:45am to 6:57pm.

Can anyone help me by providing a formula that would give me the total time
worked? I prefer to have it in minutes if possible.

Thanks for your support.

--
Amy

Amy