-   -   frozen spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132746-frozen-spreadsheet.html)

Elsa

frozen spreadsheet

I went into my spreadsheet to work on it and the cursor does not come up. I
get a plus sign which highlights the spreadsheet when i try to move it. i
have to ctrl,alt,delete before i can get out of the spreadsheet.

joel

frozen spreadsheet

There maybe a Macro running that has locked up, Try typing CNTL Break on
your keyboarrd. This will stop the macro and allow you to find the problem.

"elsa" wrote:

I went into my spreadsheet to work on it and the cursor does not come up. I
get a plus sign which highlights the spreadsheet when i try to move it. i
have to ctrl,alt,delete before i can get out of the spreadsheet.

Gord Dibben

frozen spreadsheet

elsa

Most often caused by hitting the F8 key and putting yourself into "Extended
Mode".

If you see EXT on status bar hit F8 again to clear.

Another fix can be tapping the wheel on your wheelie-mouse a few times.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:31:00 -0800, elsa wrote:

I went into my spreadsheet to work on it and the cursor does not come up. I
get a plus sign which highlights the spreadsheet when i try to move it. i
have to ctrl,alt,delete before i can get out of the spreadsheet.

Jackie

frozen spreadsheet

Elsa:

Did you find an answer. I am having the same problem .

"elsa" wrote:

I went into my spreadsheet to work on it and the cursor does not come up. I
get a plus sign which highlights the spreadsheet when i try to move it. i
have to ctrl,alt,delete before i can get out of the spreadsheet.

Gord Dibben

frozen spreadsheet

Prior to Excel 2007 the most likely problem was the F8 key being toggled to
"Extend Range"

Excel 2007 has a different problem from what I read but don't know what it is.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP