-   -   Max/Min/Median (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132731-max-min-median.html)

gibsol

Max/Min/Median

I have a database which depending on the criteria increases or decreases in
length. What I am trying to do is find the Max/Min/Median % in one column of
data of varying size, e.g. if I select criteria 1, the data length is 100
rows, if I select 2, the data length is 25 - data is different to criteria 1.
Any help would be appreciated.

gibsol

Max/Min/Median

Thanks Toppers it works a treat, keep forgetting about Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

"Toppers" wrote:

Are the data and criteria in separate columns e.g. % in Column A, criteria in
B?

If so, then try entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=MAX(IF($B$1:$B$20=1,$A$1:$A$20))

"gibsol" wrote:

I have a database which depending on the criteria increases or decreases in
length. What I am trying to do is find the Max/Min/Median % in one column of
data of varying size, e.g. if I select criteria 1, the data length is 100
rows, if I select 2, the data length is 25 - data is different to criteria 1.
Any help would be appreciated.

Toppers

Max/Min/Median

"gibsol" wrote:

I have a database which depending on the criteria increases or decreases in
length. What I am trying to do is find the Max/Min/Median % in one column of
data of varying size, e.g. if I select criteria 1, the data length is 100
rows, if I select 2, the data length is 25 - data is different to criteria 1.
Any help would be appreciated.

Teethless mama

Max/Min/Median

=SUMPRODUCT(MAX((B1:B20=1)*(A1:A20)))