-   -   Checks whether a value is text or number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132069-re-checks-whether-value-text-number.html)

robertc

Checks whether a value is text or number

Thank you, ISNUMBER is the right function I want. It actually works but at
long as I change the value from text to number or vice versa, the function
output doesn't update. Why is that?

"john" wrote:

Try =NOT(ISNUMBER(A1))
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"robertc" wrote:

I want to make a function which returns a value if an entry is text and
another value if the entry is a number.

For example:

If A1=text, "True", If A1=number, "False