Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find/Replace but not exactly...

I have a .csv file that I've pasted into an EXCEL 2002 worksheet. In one
column, the string "All GL Accounts" appears in multiple cells. I need to
locate those cells and then BOLD the entire row where those cells are
located. Can someone tell me a reasonably simple way to do this without
visually searching through over 1400 rows? I hope so! :)
--
Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Conditional Formatting to hi-light an entire row of cells based
on the value in one of the cells:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200707

"steph" wrote:

I have a .csv file that I've pasted into an EXCEL 2002 worksheet. In one
column, the string "All GL Accounts" appears in multiple cells. I need to
locate those cells and then BOLD the entire row where those cells are
located. Can someone tell me a reasonably simple way to do this without
visually searching through over 1400 rows? I hope so! :)
--
Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It makes sense to use conditional formatting but I can't quite get it to
work. Maybe if i give you an example you could get me over the finish line...
In column E there is an alpha-numeric string "xxxxxx - title". The last
time that particular string is displayed, column F will display the string
"All GL Accounts".

col E col F
abcdef - title 123456
abcdef - title 123456
abcdef - title All GL Accounts
ghijkl - title 456789

I will need to highlight the entire 3rd row of the data above.
Hope this helps.
--
Thanks so much!

"steph" wrote:

I have a .csv file that I've pasted into an EXCEL 2002 worksheet. In one
column, the string "All GL Accounts" appears in multiple cells. I need to
locate those cells and then BOLD the entire row where those cells are
located. Can someone tell me a reasonably simple way to do this without
visually searching through over 1400 rows? I hope so! :)
--
Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

steph

DataFilterAutofilter for"All GL Accounts"

Then F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK

Format to Bold.

Remove the Filter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:40:08 -0800, steph
wrote:

I have a .csv file that I've pasted into an EXCEL 2002 worksheet. In one
column, the string "All GL Accounts" appears in multiple cells. I need to
locate those cells and then BOLD the entire row where those cells are
located. Can someone tell me a reasonably simple way to do this without
visually searching through over 1400 rows? I hope so! :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gary's student...I finally got the conditional formatting to work. I was
focused on using the "Cell Value Is" feature instead of the "Formula Is"
feature. Much appreciate the tip.
--
Thanks so much!