-   -   Character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131955-character.html)

Steved

Character

Hello from Steved

The below formula works perfectly except if no data it leaves a small square
box which siguests to me it is a character, please how do I modify the
formula below so that this only leaves a clear cell if no data.

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$A$2000,0)),VLOOKUP(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$Q$2000,15,0)&CHAR(10),"")

Thankyou.

Bernard Liengme

Character

The 'box' is CHAR(10) which is a line feed.
Why is it in the formula?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

The below formula works perfectly except if no data it leaves a small
square
box which siguests to me it is a character, please how do I modify the
formula below so that this only leaves a clear cell if no data.

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$A$2000,0)),VLOOKUP(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$Q$2000,15,0)&CHAR(10),"")

Thankyou.

Steved

Character

Hello Bernard

I copied the formula from another worksheet hence the reason for CHAR(10)

Question I've now taken it out but it now returns a 0, with the below
formula what is needed please to have a clear cell Thankyou.

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

The below formula works perfectly except if no data it leaves a small
square
box which siguests to me it is a character, please how do I modify the
formula below so that this only leaves a clear cell if no data.

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$A$2000,0)),VLOOKUP(--$A2,'07, Jan Radio
Log'!$A$2:$Q$2000,15,0,"")

Thankyou.

Steved

Character

Hello from Steved

Please ignore my last reply I have now corrected my problem

Thankyou.