-   -   Accumulated wealth formula ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131900-accumulated-wealth-formula.html)

toyota58

Accumulated wealth formula ?

Anyone knows how to make accumulated wealth formula ? Here's the
example :

Suppose I save $ 100 (or whatever) every month in a mutual fund and
the fund give me 10 percent (or whatever) interest per annum. So how
much is my accumulated wealth in 5 years ?

Thank You and Good Day.

..

Bernard Liengme

Accumulated wealth formula ?

Have a look in Help under Future Value
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"toyota58" wrote in message
ups.com...

Anyone knows how to make accumulated wealth formula ? Here's the
example :

Suppose I save $ 100 (or whatever) every month in a mutual fund and
the fund give me 10 percent (or whatever) interest per annum. So how
much is my accumulated wealth in 5 years ?

Thank You and Good Day.

.

Gord Dibben

Accumulated wealth formula ?

I work mine out this way.

A1 net after taxes income......enter a number

A2 yearly expenses..........enter =A1

A3 =A1-A2 is accumulated wealth

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 22 Feb 2007 09:35:26 -0800, "toyota58" wrote:

Anyone knows how to make accumulated wealth formula ? Here's the
example :

Suppose I save $ 100 (or whatever) every month in a mutual fund and
the fund give me 10 percent (or whatever) interest per annum. So how
much is my accumulated wealth in 5 years ?

Thank You and Good Day.

.

Sandy Mann

Accumulated wealth formula ?

I work mine out this way.

So does Mr Micawber <g

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

I work mine out this way.

A1 net after taxes income......enter a number

A2 yearly expenses..........enter =A1

A3 =A1-A2 is accumulated wealth

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 22 Feb 2007 09:35:26 -0800, "toyota58" wrote:

Anyone knows how to make accumulated wealth formula ? Here's the
example :

Suppose I save $ 100 (or whatever) every month in a mutual fund and
the fund give me 10 percent (or whatever) interest per annum. So how
much is my accumulated wealth in 5 years ?

Thank You and Good Day.

.

Gord Dibben

Accumulated wealth formula ?

But he wound up in the gaol.

I haven't........yet<g

Gord

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:04:49 -0000, "Sandy Mann"
wrote:

.. .
I work mine out this way.

So does Mr Micawber <g

joeu2004

On Feb 22, 9:35 am, "toyota58" wrote:
Suppose I save $ 100 (or whatever) every month in a mutual fund and
the fund give me 10 percent (or whatever) interest per annum. So how
much is my accumulated wealth in 5 years ?

=fv(10%/12, 5*12, -100, 0, 1)

toyota58

Accumulated wealth formula ?

Another formula I want to make is

Example : Suppose I put $ 1,000 lump sum in a mutual fund at 10
percent interest per annum. How much is the accumulated wealth after 5
years.This is one lump sum payment only at the beginning of the
period. No additional monthly payments.

Thank You all.

joeu2004

On Feb 22, 6:10 pm, "toyota58" wrote:
Another formula I want to make is
Example : Suppose I put $ 1,000 lump sum in a mutual fund at 10
percent interest per annum. How much is the accumulated wealth after 5
years.This is one lump sum payment only at the beginning of the
period. No additional monthly payments.

First, a correction to my previous response. If the mutual fund
returns 10% per year, its (compounded) monthly rate is
RATE(12,0,-1,1+10%), not 10%/12. So the previous formula should have
been:

=fv(rate(12,0,-1,1+10%), 5*12, -100, 0, 1)

For the latest example:

=fv(10%, 5, 0, -1000)

Please study Help - Excel Help for FV().

toyota58

Accumulated wealth formula ?

Thank You so much...