-   -   remove first letter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131895-remove-first-letter.html)

Lupe

remove first letter

Hi,
Maybe the solution for my question is already posted, but I cannot seem to
find it at the moment. I have a list of names with first name, initials and
last name. From the column of initials I need to delete the first initial,
which includes the initials of the first name and all others that follows. So
my file is somewhat like this:
First name Initials Last name
Mary MJA Sand
Lupe LM Antonisia
Laurine L Jans

My new list should be:
First name Initials Last name
Mary JA Sand
Lupe M Antonisia
Laurine Jans

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks & Regards, Lupe

Max

remove first letter

This might suffice ..
Put in D2: =MID(B2,2,99)
Copy down. Copy col D and overwrite col B with a paste special as values.
Delete col D.
--
Max
Singapore