-   -   Obscure Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131542-obscure-function.html)

KW_Counter

Obscure Function

I used to use a function where a formula would look in a cell to find what
column or row it should use in the formula. Anyone know what this is callled?
Thanks,
KW_Counter

JLatham

Obscure Function

Stabbing around somewhat blindly...

INDIRECT() - uses the value in the referenced cell as an address.
ROW() returns the row of the referenced cell
COLUMN() returns the column of the referenced cell
where "referenced cell" is the cell address within the () of those functions.

"KW_Counter" wrote:

I used to use a function where a formula would look in a cell to find what
column or row it should use in the formula. Anyone know what this is callled?
Thanks,
KW_Counter

Duke Carey

Obscure Function