-   -   Formula to make a Seed Starting Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/131530-formula-make-seed-starting-chart.html)

[email protected]

Formula to make a Seed Starting Chart

Someone helped me with this a few years ago and I have since lost his
instructions. Can someone help me to know what formula I use in
making a chart for starting my seeds. I would like to be able to have
one cell have the last frost date in it and then be able to type in a
number in another cell which represents the number of weeks the seeds
need to be started before or after the last frost date, and then the
date I should start the seeds would appear in another cell. Did I
make any sense? Thank you!

joel

Formula to make a Seed Starting Chart

the fomula is
=B1-(7*B2)

1) Type in cell A1 Frost Date - the actual letters FROST DATE
2) Type in cell A2 Weeks - the actual letters Weeks
3) type in cell A3 Plant Date - the actual letters PLANT DATE
4) type in cell B3 the formula = B1-(7*B2)
5) format cell B3 with date
Highlight cell B3
In the format menu select number - date

entering numbers