-   -   How do I add a range of numbers to sum a specific total? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13096-how-do-i-add-range-numbers-sum-specific-total.html)

SJoshi

How do I add a range of numbers to sum a specific total?

How do I add numbers from a range of numbers (selecting only certain in that
range) to come up with a specific total?

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"value")

--

HTH

RP

"SJoshi" wrote in message
How do I add numbers from a range of numbers (selecting only certain in

that
range) to come up with a specific total?

Peo Sjoblom

For a possible solution see

http://tinyurl.com/4doog

Peo Sjoblom

"SJoshi" wrote in message
How do I add numbers from a range of numbers (selecting only certain in

that
range) to come up with a specific total?

Tushar Mehta

You may also want to check
Find a set of amounts that match a target value
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ti...set-match.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions