-   -   Finding out whether text is in a list or not (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/130617-finding-out-whether-text-list-not.html)

Josh Craig

Finding out whether text is in a list or not

Hi,

Simple question, but I can't seem to work it out.

I have data in column A and different data in column B. In C1 I want a
function that says TRUE when the data in B1 is somewhere in column A and
FALSE when the data in B1 can't be found anywhere in column A.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Teethless mama

Finding out whether text is in a list or not

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,B1)0

"Josh Craig" wrote:

Hi,

Simple question, but I can't seem to work it out.

I have data in column A and different data in column B. In C1 I want a
function that says TRUE when the data in B1 is somewhere in column A and
FALSE when the data in B1 can't be found anywhere in column A.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Josh Craig

Finding out whether text is in a list or not

Thank you both very helpful!

Max

Finding out whether text is in a list or not

Glad to hear that, Josh.
Nice of you to post back ..
--
Max