-   -   How to change a column number from positibe to negative (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/130351-how-change-column-number-positibe-negative.html)

DenisBj

How to change a column number from positibe to negative

I am working with longitude data which require negative values . Some of
these imported values are positive so I have to change them to negative
values without changing the current negative values. Working with Access and
Excel 2007

David Biddulph

How to change a column number from positibe to negative

If you want them all to be negative, use =-ABS(A1)
--
David Biddulph

"DenisBj" wrote in message
I am working with longitude data which require negative values . Some of
these imported values are positive so I have to change them to negative
values without changing the current negative values. Working with Access
and
Excel 2007

Gary''s Student

How to change a column number from positibe to negative

say you have a column with a mixture of positive and negative numbers and you
want to change only some of the positive numbers into negative numbers.

In an unused cell enter -1 and copy this cell. Then in the column, select
only those cells you want to reverse. Then paste/specisl with multiply
checked.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200705

"DenisBj" wrote:

I am working with longitude data which require negative values . Some of
these imported values are positive so I have to change them to negative
values without changing the current negative values. Working with Access and
Excel 2007

Gary''s Student

How to change a column number from positibe to negative

If you want to change ALL the positive numbers into negative, then in B1 enter:
=-ABS(A1)
and copy down
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200705

"DenisBj" wrote:

I am working with longitude data which require negative values . Some of
these imported values are positive so I have to change them to negative
values without changing the current negative values. Working with Access and
Excel 2007

Teethless mama

How to change a column number from positibe to negative

=MIN(A1,-A1)