-   -   Month-end accounting balance out (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/130348-month-end-accounting-balance-out.html)

[email protected]

Month-end accounting balance out

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with trying to balance the month-end
accounts. I'm not in the accounting department therefore my knowledge
is limited & I don't use Sage etc.

Basically, the UK & European balances are out. Both by the same
figure, one + and one -. Therefore, this suggests to me that it's in
the database, but down as UK or Euro when it should be the other.

Also, the figure does not come up on a transaction search, suggesting
it could the collation 2 of more errors.

Is there a programme out there which I can 'crunch' (i.e. add/
subtract) a load of numbers in order to suggest where this figure
comes from?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as it's the 12th and obviously
the month-end should have been done ages ago!

Thanks

Leo