-   -   Excel - CSV file, trying to save a date as text, reverts back to d (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/130096-excel-csv-file-trying-save-date-text-reverts-back-d.html)

Rick Sully

Excel - CSV file, trying to save a date as text, reverts back to d

I've downloaded a csv file from bank. The date needs to be in MM/DD/YYYY. I
type in in as text 01/01/2007 but when I save it it reverts back to date
format.

Gord Dibben

Excel - CSV file, trying to save a date as text, reverts back to d

With date in A1

In B1 enter =TEXT(A1, "MM/DD/YYYY")

Double-click on the fill handle to increment down.

CopyPaste SpecialValues and delete column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP