-   -   Function on Sheet1 based on data on Sheet2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129640-function-sheet1-based-data-sheet2.html)

Sony

Function on Sheet1 based on data on Sheet2

Hi, I am trying to forecast approved vacation for employees on sheet1 based
on information from sheet2. What I have is a summary page sheet1 with a list
of employees names in column A, a cell that populates Todays date. On sheet2
I have the following:

Columns B to AF the days of the week and the appropriate date for that
month. In the row above each would have the prospective month in this format
Jan-07 until all months are listed. For each month there are 11 rows with
employees names.

what I want to do is use date for Monday of each week and project who will
be on vacation for the next 2 weeks and summarize it on sheet1. Is this
possible? I had posted this same question in the programming section but did
not get any answers so I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

--
Sony