-   -   How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129562-how-can-i-get-my-spreadsheets-open-faster.html)

Johnnie

How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

When I click my excel icon the hour glass just sits there for a long time
before the spreadsheet opens. It didn't do that before.

Gord Dibben

How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

How long is a long time? 10 seconds or 3 minutes?

"before" what?

A windows update?

Before your TIF and Temp folders got full of crap?

Before you checked six more add-ins to load?

See Chip Pearson's site for troubleshooting startup, not just startup errors,
but slow starts as well.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:02:01 -0800, Johnnie
wrote:

When I click my excel icon the hour glass just sits there for a long time
before the spreadsheet opens. It didn't do that before.

Charles Williams

How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

You can find some reasons for slow open and close at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave

and also at David McRitchie's site
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Johnnie" wrote in message
When I click my excel icon the hour glass just sits there for a long time
before the spreadsheet opens. It didn't do that before.

Johnnie

How can I get my spreadsheets to open faster?

The icon sits there for about 3 minutes, then the spreadsheet appears. When
I save changes to a spreadsheet it also takes about three minutes to
complete. How can I get it to respond faster like it used to do?