-   -   converting military time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129472-converting-military-time.html)

JT

converting military time

I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT

Dave F

converting military time

Are you sure it's formatted as text? When I enter 19:46 in a cell and format
as text it displays as .823611 (i.e., 82.3% of a 24-hour day).

Have you tried formatting the cell as AM/PM?

"JT" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT

JE McGimpsey

converting military time

One way:

A1: 19:46 (Text)
A2: --A1

Format A2 as a Time.

In article ,
JT wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......

JT

converting military time

Yes....I am sure it is displayed as text because when I use Format
Cell.Text is already highlighted.
--
JT

"JT" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT

Paris

converting military time

Ï/Ç JT Ýãñáøå:
I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT

FORMULA - =TIMEVALUE(***YOUR CELL WITH TEXT HERE***)

AND FORMAT CELL - TIME - 7:46 PM

Teethless mama

converting military time

=A1*1

format cell as hh:mm AM/PM

"JT" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with time displayed as 19:46. This is a text string and
I would like to convert it to 7:46 PM.

Is there a formula that will convert these text strings to time?

Thanks for the help......
--
JT

JT

converting military time

Thanks for all of the help.....I got what I need. Thanks again.
--
JT

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1*1