-   -   Cell value becomes filepath to insert picture,jpg or object (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129469-cell-value-becomes-filepath-insert-picture-jpg-object.html)

Rookie_User

Cell value becomes filepath to insert picture,jpg or object

My original request was to read a path from column A and in column insert an
object (AutoCAD file) based on that path. Well, no luck so far. Can someone
help me. If Column A has the example below, what formula or programming
would I use to cascade down column A, reading the values, inserting the
object (I might convert them all to jpgs and insert picture if that is
easier) based on the value in columnA.

Column A
C:\Documents and Settings\jason.hopson\My
Documents\5590_1_RECEIVE\5590_SLDW_AUTO.dwg

This could have been done manually by now so now I am really in a tough
spot. It just seems as though it should be simple and possible :).

Thanks again, I think Tom, Ron, and all the MVP's and others are a serious
part of support, above and beyond the normal support avenues. Reality builds
confidence and you don't get that from a support hotline.