-   -   Is correlation matrix univariate or multivariate? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129388-correlation-matrix-univariate-multivariate.html)

Dora Smith

Is correlation matrix univariate or multivariate?

I generated a correlation matrix using tools, data analysis, correlation.
But nowhere does it say. Is the table of correlation coefficients that
resulted composed of univariate, or multivariate, correlation coefficients?

--
Yours,
Dora Smith

Mike Middleton

Is correlation matrix univariate or multivariate?

Dora -

The Correlation tool returns bivariate correlation coefficients, the same
results you get from the CORREL worksheet function.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com