-   -   Show Comment when in the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129091-show-comment-when-cell.html)

Manju

Show Comment when in the cell

Is it possible to make a comment appear when the keyboard cursor goes
to that particular cell instead of mouse moving on to the cell?
Manju

CLR

Show Comment when in the cell

This one will toggle it on and off with each selection of the cell.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
On Error Resume Next
If ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = True Then
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = False
Else
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = True

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Manju" wrote in message
ps.com...
Is it possible to make a comment appear when the keyboard cursor goes
to that particular cell instead of mouse moving on to the cell?
Manju

Gary''s Student

Show Comment when in the cell

Put this in worksheet code:

Dim cmt As Comment
Set cmt = Target.Comment
If cmt Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
Target.Comment.Visible = True
End Sub

now both cursor keys and MouseOver will make a comment visible.
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200703

"Manju" wrote:

Is it possible to make a comment appear when the keyboard cursor goes
to that particular cell instead of mouse moving on to the cell?
Manju

Debra Dalgleish

Show Comment when in the cell

You can also show messages by adding data validation to a cell

Select the cell, and choose DataValidation
On the Input Message, enter a title and the message.
Click OK

There's a bit more information he

Manju wrote:
Is it possible to make a comment appear when the keyboard cursor goes
to that particular cell instead of mouse moving on to the cell?
Manju

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Manju

Manju wrote:
Is it possible to make a comment appear when the keyboard cursor goes
to that particular cell instead of mouse moving on to the cell?
Manju

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextureshttp://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Thanks Debra,
That is exactly what I needed. Thanks to others also. But I slightly
fear from using VB Code.
Thanks to all
Manju

Debra Dalgleish

Show Comment when in the cell

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.