-   -   Lookup formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/128785-lookup-formula.html)

Rowland

Lookup formula

I am looking for a formula to find the first row in a column that
contains any data.I can do it with an array formula
INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng0,0)) but was curious if some can do it without
using an array formula,perhaps with LOOKUP

Bernard Liengme

Lookup formula

I expect there is something more elegant but I came up with this
=INDEX(A1:A7,SUMPRODUCT(MIN((A1:A7<"")*ROW(A1:A7) +(A1:A7="")*9999999)))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Rowland" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula to find the first row in a column that contains
any data.I can do it with an array formula INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng0,0))
but was curious if some can do it without using an array formula,perhaps
with LOOKUP

Teethless mama

Lookup formula

None array

=INDEX(A1:A9,COUNTIF(A1:A9,0)+1)

the above formula works only the whole bunch of 0s on top rows not in the
between of other the numbers