-   -   leading 0 (zero) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/128728-leading-0-zero.html)

MrA

leading 0 (zero)

How do I get a leading 0 (zero) in Excell (2003)?

John Bundy

leading 0 (zero)

Several ways to go about it but I use text, note this will change the numbers
to text, replace "000" with total number of digits
=Text(A1,"000")
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"MrA" wrote:

How do I get a leading 0 (zero) in Excell (2003)?

Mike

leading 0 (zero)

format the cell as text, you can still perform math functions on the number

"MrA" wrote:

How do I get a leading 0 (zero) in Excell (2003)?

David Biddulph

leading 0 (zero)

=0&A1, or look at the other replies.
--
David Biddulph

"MrA" wrote in message
How do I get a leading 0 (zero) in Excell (2003)?

SteveW

leading 0 (zero)

If you want a leading zero, so that all numbers have
a fixed size
use Custom Format 00000 or however many digits you want

Steve