Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help tonight?!! select rows based on cell value in a column

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I need to select rows based on the value in one column,
delete them, then select based on value in another column and delete. I am
trying to use the macro builder do this, but do not know how to do a 'select'
based on value in a column using worksheet functions to record the keystrokes
and selections. I have only used SQL and don't know VB. The current macro
imports htm data, creates headers, sorts the data...and then I'm lost. Here
is a piece of the data. Wherever the value in column D = 'E' or the value in
column C is 'C', delete the row. The exact row that these values fall in will
vary, but the column will not:

NAME DESC TYPE ES
80000123 VXANDS C
80000221 VXARGN C
80000125 VXARLG C
80000126 VXATLA C
80000127 VXATLS C
80001343 VXBEMI C
80002060 VXOIUER C
80001353 VXBKMI C
80001347 VXBKSV C
80000132 VXBLST C
80000133 VXBOHM C
80000991 ZILKCHUN_PWR_EQ R A
80000676 OILKAJLD R A
80000595 ZEG R A
80000890 AEEE_NVXY R E
80000857 AIXI_NVXY R E
80000481 MOWR_NVXY R E
80001793 MOWRII_NVXY R E
80000850 ALTI_NVXY R E
80000851 ANDR_NVXY R E
80000852 ARLG_NVXY R E
80001357 BKSV_NVXY R E
80000888 BLST_NVXY R E

Please help...I really need an answer tonight if possible. Thank-you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

AutoFilter, use drop down in column C and select 'C', then select the far
left row numbers in the header which have 'C' , then go to Edit Delete row.

Do the same on column D