Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Formulas

I want to create a formula that performs a V-lookup from a range, then based
on that look-up, has an IF function to give me the correct data. Simply put,
is it possible to nest two different functions within one cell?
Also, how do I create formulas that get information from one spreadsheet to
another without being row specific? I want to be able to pull the information
from rows 1-200, into rows 1-X(based on a formula searching for specific
values within the spreadsheet.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

On the first question - yes you can nest multiple functions within one cell
- see one of mine below:

=IF($B364<"",(IF((VLOOKUP((VLOOKUP($B364,'One Line
Data'!$A$3:$AG$982,7)),'Lookup Tables'!$D$47:$E$93,2))=(VLOOKUP(I$7,'Lookup
Tables'!$F$47:$G$93,2)),1,"")),"").

As for the second part of your query, I'm not quite sure what you want to do
- sorry.

Woody