Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format cells to always have 13 digits?

This may be here somewhere but I must be searching for the wrong words. If
it's a duplicate, I apologize.

I need every cell within a column to always contain 13 digits. For instance,
if the cell is 12345678, I want it to add preceeding zero's and have it read
0000012345678, and it still needs to be a number.

Any suggestions?

Christine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jc jc is offline

Christine,

Quickest and Easiest. Just go to formatcells and select "custom" enter 13
zeros as your format for that column and you're done.