-   -   degree or angle (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/128049-degree-angle.html)

ekkeindoha

degree or angle

I'm currently entering info on a graphic,and would like some help to get the
angle if a x and y number has been done.

David Biddulph

degree or angle

=DEGREES(ATAN2(X1,Y1))
--
David Biddulph

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
I'm currently entering info on a graphic,and would like some help to get
the
angle if a x and y number has been done.

ekkeindoha

degree or angle

THE ACTUAL THING I WOULD LIKE TO DO ARE AS FOLLOWS
I GOT A GRAPHIC -COLLUMS ARE 80000 TO 180000 AND LINES ANRE 460 TO 560.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO ARE AS FOLLOW.
LETS SAY X = 500 AND Y ARE 160000 IT SHOULD GIVE ME 90º AS 500 ARE 90º.
IF I CHANGE IT TO X 490 AND Y 160000 IT SHOULD GIVE ME ANOTHER ANGLE.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=DEGREES(ATAN2(X1,Y1))
--
David Biddulph

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
I'm currently entering info on a graphic,and would like some help to get
the
angle if a x and y number has been done.

Bernard Liengme

degree or angle

Please explain why when x=500 and y=16000, the angle is 90°
By the way - please turn off the CAPS key - a message in all block letters
is called shouting and considered poor manners (and is hard to read).
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
THE ACTUAL THING I WOULD LIKE TO DO ARE AS FOLLOWS
I GOT A GRAPHIC -COLLUMS ARE 80000 TO 180000 AND LINES ANRE 460 TO 560.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO ARE AS FOLLOW.
LETS SAY X = 500 AND Y ARE 160000 IT SHOULD GIVE ME 90º AS 500 ARE 90º.
IF I CHANGE IT TO X 490 AND Y 160000 IT SHOULD GIVE ME ANOTHER ANGLE.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=DEGREES(ATAN2(X1,Y1))