-   -   In spread sheet the numbers entered as whole numbers become decim (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/128040-spread-sheet-numbers-entered-whole-numbers-become-decim.html)

George A. Yorks

In spread sheet the numbers entered as whole numbers become decim

I have been working with a spread sheet where each cell is a whole number. I
tried to enter numbers today and while I enter a whole number it reverts to a
decimal. ie: 5 becomes .05. It has always been formatted as simly a general
number. I've tried to set up a new work sheet but same thing happens
--
George

MartinW

In spread sheet the numbers entered as whole numbers become decim

Hi George,

Goto ToolsOptionsEdit Tab and uncheck 'fixed decimal places'

HTH
Martin

T. Valko

In spread sheet the numbers entered as whole numbers become decim

Uncheck this setting:

ToolsOptionsEdit tabFixed decimal places

Biff

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have been working with a spread sheet where each cell is a whole number.
tried to enter numbers today and while I enter a whole number it reverts
to a
decimal. ie: 5 becomes .05. It has always been formatted as simly a
general
number. I've tried to set up a new work sheet but same thing happens
--
George

George A. Yorks

In spread sheet the numbers entered as whole numbers become de

Thanks for the information. If possible, what caused the 'fixed decimal
places' to be suddenly checked.
--
George