-   -   SUMIF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12787-sumif-function.html)

yak10

SUMIF function

Hi everyone, first post for me,

I have been using the sumif function the last couple days and I've was
wondering if there is anyway to have more than 1 range and criteria for
this function or is there another function where I can do this? Below
might better illustrate what I'm trying to do:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Blue One 100
Blue One 100
Red One 100
Red Two 200

I want the sum of column 3, if column 1 equals blue AND column 2 equals
One. So my answer in this case is 200.

--
yak10

Sandy Mann

Try:

Sumproduct((Column1 Range="Blue")*(Column2 Range="One")*(Column3 Range))

All three ranges must be the same length

HTH

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"yak10" wrote in message

Hi everyone, first post for me,

I have been using the sumif function the last couple days and I've was
wondering if there is anyway to have more than 1 range and criteria for
this function or is there another function where I can do this? Below
might better illustrate what I'm trying to do:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Blue One 100
Blue One 100
Red One 100
Red Two 200

I want the sum of column 3, if column 1 equals blue AND column 2 equals
One. So my answer in this case is 200.

--
yak10

Aladin Akyurek

You need to invoke a differen type of formula for SumIf does not admit
more than one condition...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorRange=Color),--(TextNumRange=TextNum),SumRange)

yak10 wrote:
Hi everyone, first post for me,

I have been using the sumif function the last couple days and I've was
wondering if there is anyway to have more than 1 range and criteria for
this function or is there another function where I can do this? Below
might better illustrate what I'm trying to do:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
Blue One 100
Blue One 100
Red One 100
Red Two 200

I want the sum of column 3, if column 1 equals blue AND column 2 equals
One. So my answer in this case is 200.

Ashish Mathur

Hi,

Array entet the following formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=SUM(IF((A2:A6=A8)*(B2:B6=1),C2:C6))

You can also use the DSUM function.

Regards,