-   -   Pivot Table Unique Count (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12781-pivot-table-unique-count.html)

bsantona

Pivot Table Unique Count

Is there a way for me to get a unique count of data text? I have the
following table format -

Count of User Group
User CS DES ECS EDM Grand Total
Abb, Michael 2 2 2
Abl, Denise 3 3

How do I get a unique count of user by group, in other words, my first
example should be 1 under EDM for Michael.
Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. You could add a column to
the list, then add that field to the pivot table.

For example, to count unique users per group, where user is in
column A, and group is in column B:

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A2=A2)*($S$2:$S2=S2))1,0,1)

Copy this formula down to all rows in the list.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List